Google Analytics

Wednesday, January 01, 2014

Here's to Positivity!

A couple of incidents that happened this morning and set me thinking..

1. I suddenly noticed a stain on a garment that I had washed and ironed with great care. After an initial Oh S*** reaction, I immediately got to figuring out what I could do for stain removal. Tried a couple of things, then just decided the garment needed to go through one more wash cycle.

2. The milk I had kept for boiling curdled. I didn't bat an eyelid and just went on to straining it and put it in the fridge, hoping to use it as paneer :).

I have consciously made an effort in the last few years to steer towards positivity, a lot of it comes naturally and sometimes I have to make that extra effort. But oh how freeing it can be! Here's to more positivity and happiness for all of us in 2014!

6 comments:

  1. Very difficult. I feel after I became a mother, I am always at my wits end, and the husband is the bearer of the brunt of it all. Not good. I need to work on this through this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aathira, I know just what you mean. I was never the most patient, but after becoming a mom I felt the most out of control I ever have. Coupled with other things like being a challenged housekeeper at the best of times, it has seemed TOUGH on some days but I keep plodding on.

      Delete
  2. I like the fact that you're looking at the bright side. Makes you welcome new experiences with composure, or as in this case, unexpected situations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally understand this... I had to push myself into thinking positively about every situation and to a large extent Anoushka was an inspiring factor to get on this path... Keep at it Aparna... it really is freeing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes freeing it is :).. thanks Ruth!

      Delete