Google Analytics

Friday, January 04, 2013

Resolution Time?

The start of a new year.. that always signals resolutions of some sort to me. This year,  I tried avoiding the topic for 3 days but it keeps going around in my head so I thought I might as well write it down. Talking of resolutions,  I loved this post by Jane, wish that would work for me ;). The ones below may be repetitive with my bucket list here and there.. seem to be setting myself a lot of work in 2013!!

1. I will sow something new every month, give away seedlings if I don't have space for them :). This is necessary for me to figure out how many of those zillions of stored up seeds are viable at least!

2. I will bake one batch of something every week, this is due to about to be spending a lot of money on an appliance that I need to justify, you'll understand as you read further down ;).

3. I will wake up half an hour earlier every morning, in the hope of getting stuff ready for D to take to school without needing to go into a panic once or twice a week as I've got up too late for preparing what I wanted to!

4. I will plan at least one complete self-pampering activity every week - may be going for a Hair Spa or even just soaking my feet. Yes, I need to PLAN it or it never happens!!

5. I have recently started "No Laptop" time on request from my kids. This is usually the half hour or so after dinner during which time S and D read to me (how clever of me is that :)?). Definitely have to continue!!

6. Mindful buying - lots and lots of thinking before buying anything new. My cupboards and home are overflowing and I will only buy things that I NEED. Of course this might include a KitchenAid, some of you know how long I've been thinking over that one.

7. I will spend 15 minutes every day cleaning - just cleaning up, just 15 minutes. Flylady says this should slowly bring my home to order, it's time I stopped just reading those mails from the site and actually implemented something :).

We are now done with the marathon blogging in December, and have embarked on Project52 - at least one post a week in 2013, so this is my entry for Week 1.

Happy New Year Everyone!

7 comments:

  1. Wow realistic resolutions.. I like the 15 minute per day cleaning thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sirisha :). Fingers crossed!

      Delete
  2. That's a lot of resolutions!!! Good luck...many of them are quite do-able tho..so you should be able to keep up. I definitely hope you are going to keep up with the blogging per week resolution.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aparna :).
      Yes the blogging one is on too, once a week sounds approachable enough I guess ;). Just put up the pic on the sidebar.

      Delete
  3. You have put in words some of the thoughts I had myself. The one totally self-pampering thing is something I seriously need to plan too...have literally barreled my way into 2013 and so understand the need for it.

    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ruth :). Here's to pampering ourselves in 2013!!

      Delete
  4. quite an intriguing list! lol

    ReplyDelete