Google Analytics

Sunday, April 29, 2012

It's been a week!

D & S have been away from us for a week - they're at their grandparents in Chennai - and it's me who's been feeling the pangs of separation more and more! At first, it was peaceful and a nice change to not be answering questions every 2 minutes, but that feeling passed in a couple of days and now it's just weirdly quiet around here :(.

I am very proud of how well they are doing, especially S - though I wouldn't call them "being independent" for being completely fawned over by their grandparents as well as their older cousins or Chechis ! S has been fed by someone for every meal I'm sure - he went so far as to tell me - "I wanted to eat myself, but Chechi wanted to feed me ;)!" -- far from the truth of course.

D is sounding more mature in the 1 week she's been away - she narrates the happenings of her day so well that I hardly have to speak to my mom-in-law for details of what they are doing. But of course I remember times when she said very mature sounding stuff even when she was here. A few days back, she asked me how she was looking (she'd chosen her dress and accessories herself), and then replied to the question herself "Even though I might think I don't look nice, you will always think I look nice!"

Ooh well another week to go, will just have to keep myself busy :).

8 comments:

  1. Congrats!!!! Looks like the experiment is going well :) I love D's comment - so true isn't it??
    Do u have a lot of time on your hands nowadays? Are you feeling bored or just enjoying the calm before the storm? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aparna :). Yes I really loved the insight in those words, kids can be uncanny sometimes isn't it?
      Weirdly I don't feel like I have lots of time !! Housekeeping especially, the one BIG thing I had put off to do in these couple of weeks - I find that I still haven't got around to ;). So it's not to do with the kids I just don't like doing it I guess!

      Delete
  2. wow..they are doing so well without the parents! I must say great job, Aparna! congrats!
    I quite understand the stillness of the house :-)
    D and S are sooo cute...
    The week will be gone in a jiffy, so try to enjoy the "peace" :-)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Uma :). Don't know if their adjustment has anything much to do with me, or if kids are just adaptive like that, but anyway I'll take the credit ;).
      Just a couple more days to go pick them up, looking forward to it!

      Delete
  3. Oh Aparna. I can totally relate to what you are feeling. The same happens to me when I leave my daughter with my parents. At first I am looking forward to the few hours alone but soon the quietness eats at me and I keep counting the moments before I can see her again. Hugs for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Swapna :). I'm so glad the 2 week are nearly done! I don't think I could have taken any more peace and quiet ;).

      Delete
  4. yeah i know that - the "weirdly quiet around here' feeling

    and "i want to eat but chechi wants to feed me" hehhehe that was cute

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sujatha :). Thankfully the house will soon be back to it's usual mayhem quite soon!

      Delete